Where to Buy Organic Cosmetics Online (With International Shipping Costs Listed)
Having now dunked my Estee Lauder moisturizer, night cream and eye routine for Saadia Organics Argan Oil (I wrote about the experience here and you can find out more about them here) which I have been using for close to 2 weeks now (before giving my only bottle to my Dad for his birthday cos it was that good and now waiting for my second bottle), I am now looking at organic cosmetics.
Ever since I started moving onto organic skin and haircare, I’ve been saving more money than before. It’s strange I know because organic stuff costs so much more. I stopped needing to use a conditioner after using MSTAR Obill organic shampoo which didn’t dry out my hair. And once I used the Argan oil as a leave in conditioner, I no longer needed to use anti-frizz treatments, hair masks, leave in conditioners, conditioners, saving me tons of money.
Organic products in brick and mortar stores in Singapore are not cheap. My shampoo (although yes it is a giant 750ml bottle) cost about $60 and my heat protectant for flat ironing and blow drying (that I use on my models) Organic Connect Thermal2Twenty is $34 for 250ml. Organic online stores based in Singapore selling organic cosmetics are not many. One of the ones that have been much talked about is budcosmetics (<–click on name to get to site). You can also get a limited range from Naturaworks.
So where can you buy organic cosmetics online which ship internationally and how much is the shipping cost? Read on below for the list. I have used lipsticks as my focus for this list because I WAS looking for organic lipsticks and they are the lightest to ship. Tthis will give you an idea of the shipping cost if you buy something bigger:
1) Eccobella (http://www.eccobella.com/): They carry a range of their own brand haircare, skincare and even perfume and room mists. Their long lasting lip crayons had good reviews. Unfortunately, I consider their shipping costs to Singapore pricey (US$34.25 to ship one lipstick):
2) Vapour Organic Beauty (http://www.vapourbeauty.com/): Their focus is on organic cosmetics and they have a wide range. They do have some skincare items as well. I decided to get samples of their multi-use blush from another site instead of buying full sized products from their site. I really liked the colour of their lipstick “Possess”. Their lipsticks have generally good reviews. Shipping costs is reasonable because it’s flat rate (US$12.95). But then it would not make sense to just get one lipstick!:
3) Aubrey Cosmetics (http://www.aubrey-organics.com/): Aubrey has a wide range of organic products, even for men as well as sun protection. However, their shipping costs to Singapore is shocking! (US$73.90!!):
4) Vitacost (http://www.vitacost.com/): Their tagline is “take the cost out of healthy living”! I couldn’t agree more. Their costs ARE reasonable and shipping is reasonable too (there are three options click on the pic below to enlarge). I would have bought from this site but find the interface a little unfriendly. I mean, why do I have to search for the brand in order to find it. Can’t they list the brands? They have a lot of brands you know. It would make sense. Besides this, there were no clear swatches of colour for the lipstick and lip liners which make the colours lots of guesswork and googling for swatches.
5) Allnaturalcosmetics (http://www.allnaturalcosmetics.com/): They have products for nails, pets and households! The one thing I loved most about their site was the availability of sample packs which included more than one colour. They have lipstick sample packs for different shades such as peach and rust, pink, wines and browns. Another item I loved on their site was the Lipchic Lipstick Sealer which seals in the lipstick and doesn’t contain chemicals either. Shipping costs to Singapore are okay (US$13.91) but you would need to buy more for it to be worth it.
6) Jasmin Aromathique (http://www.jasminaromatique.com/): This is an Australian site. As their name imples, they have a range of oils for different uses. I find their lipsticks pricey at AUD$33. Their shipping costs to Singapore (AUD$43.10) are not worth a second look.
7) Lippygirl (http://www.lippygirl.com/): As I was looking for lipsticks, naturally this site would turn up in my search. I like the layout of this site. Its simple and no-brainer and probably cos they only sell lippies and blushes. I like the design of the lipsticks (I think they are so girly!) and they have really good reviews. Pricing is in Canadian dollars and it is a flat rate shipping fee of CAD $20. Guess you would need to do a spree or a haul!
8) Lucky Vitamin (http://www.luckyvitamin.com/): Lucky Vitamin is similar to Vitacost. They carry a huge range of items for every kind of use. But they carry Hemporganics which have good reviews for their lipsticks. Unfortunately, their shipping and handling costs (SGD 45.16 + another SGD 10 for domestic postage) are not as reasonable as Vitacost’s.
9) Cheeky Cosmetics (http://www.cheekycosmetics.ca/): They are a Canadian site with focus on cosmetics. I would have to say I have read or heard very little about them. Their lipsticks looks interesting though. Their shipping costs are okay (CAD$5). Have you used any of their products before? Do share your experience!
10) Spirit Beauty Lounger (https://www.spiritbeautylounge.com/): This is a US site carrying brands such as May Lindstrom, RMS Beauty and Tata Harper. I was interested in the RMS Beauty products they have, especially the Lip2Cheek which costs US$36 and have good reviews online. Unfortunately, their shipping costs (3 options available. Click on pic below to enlarge) did not make sense to ship one RMS product to Singapore:
11) Suncoat (http://www.suncoatproducts.com/): I really liked their suncoat lipsticks which were encased in cute little bamboo cartridges which is eco friendly as well. These cost CAD$20.99 each and they have 10 different colours. Peach Frost looks perfect for neutral and for the office. Their shipping cost is CAD$10. I think this is a flat rate but am not sure as checkout immediately sends me to Paypal.
12) Nature’s Basin (http://www.naturesbasin.com/): Again, like Vitacost and Lucky Vitamin, this is a site carrying many brands and many products. They do however, carry the Primitive lipsticks and lipliners which have some good reviews. They cost about $17.50 for a standard size and you can order samples for $2. However their shipping costs to Singapore is US$55!!! O_O
13) Bewellstaywell (http://www.bewellstaywell.com/): They have a number of brands. Some of the brands for lipstick are Eco lips, Earth’s Beauty, Honeybee Gardens, Real Purity and Primitive. Their Primitive lipsticks also cost $17.50 but at least they let you take a risk on the 1st Class International uninsured option which will set you back US$6.74 instead of $55! Too see other options, click on pic below to enlarge.
14) Naturisimo (www.naturisimo.com): Free delivery worldwide! Well, what can I say?! If only, their prices weren’t in British Pound. That makes their stuff a little pricier than the US sites but still makes more sense when you think about how much shipping costs on other sites. They have pretty good sales items and you can buy small samples of items off their site as well. All that plus you don’t need a minimum order to enjoy free delivery! Woohoo! They also carry a good range of lipsticks like Beauty Without Cruelty which have a larger range of colours than other organic lipsticks, Dr Hauschka, Inika, Illa Beauty, Lavera lipsticks which are much raved about, Living Nature and Nvey Eco lipsticks. This was the site I eventually decided to try over Vitacost.
15) Lavera (http://www.lavera.com/): Lavera was one of the brands listed on Dailygreen as being a safe lipstick. It also has rave reviews online. Their lipsticks cost $20 and they also have atttractive sales on their lipglosses at 60 to 69% off. Shipping costs (3 options available. Click on pic to enlarge) on this site is not unreasonable.
16) Zuii Organic (http://www.zuiiorganic.com/): I really like this site. The interface is beautiful and they have such a wide range of products. Their lipsticks also have very good reviews online and have a good range of colours. Their shipping costs are reasonable too (10.50 though not sure of currency).
17) Saffron Rouge (http://www.saffronrouge.com/): They carry oils as well as makeup. Their lipstick brands include RMS beauty, Vapour, Living Nature, Dr Hauschka, Suki, Alima Pure, Inika and Badger. However, their shipping costs? Astronomical!! US$75! X_X
18) Afterglow Cosmetics (http://www.afterglowcosmetics.com/): They carry their own brand named lip soothers, lip love lipsticks, hydra gloss and lipliners. They also have other products for face, eyes, lips and other tools. Although some of their lipsticks have good reviews online, I found their shipping costs too pricey (US$54.82).
I hope this list cuts down your work in figuring out the shipping costs for shipping organic cosmetics to Singapore. If you know of any other site with great shipping and wide range of good products, do share! 🙂