Where To Buy Best Makeup Palettes For Versatile Looks Online
Previously, we talked about good quality makeup brushes and where you can get some of them.
It would defeat the purpose of investing in brushes if the makeup you’re using on your model is of so poor quality a top quality brush couldn’t get a smudge off them.
This is another list of shopping sites online and at popular shopping locations where you can pick up one of these makeup palettes which provide a range of colours for you to try different looks.
But let’s get this equation right: You cannot have 165 good quality pigments for $20. When it comes to skincare and makeup, you cannot expect quality if you don’t intend to invest a little top dollar. So keep this in mind when you’re going through this list and remember all comments on the products are based on reviews available online, to which you have access to as well. This list is just to compile possible options for your consideration.
***I did not buy from every single one of these sites. To do so would be impossible! Before you buy, please check and double check that they are legit!
- Yaby professional palettes: http://camerareadycosmetics.com/brands/Yaby.html These are palettes used by the pros for makeup, theatrical and drama. These are the priciest of the palettes but have very good reviews online for pigmentation and texture.
- Sephora all-in-one palettes: In previous years, there have been online reviews saying that the colour pay-off and quality was not all that. However, some users have recently been saying that Sephora has been paying attention to their complaints and this year’s palette is pretty good. Try it for yourself and see how it goes. Last I looked at Sephora Ion and Takashimaya, these babies were still available. Again Sephora US site does not ship to Singapore.
- ELF large palettes: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/makeup/sets-and-palettes/palettes sells 144 piece palette for $15. They also have 83 piece palettes which include other stuff other than purely eyeshadow. ELF does not ship to Singapore. You can either use Vpost or try searching for them on www.qoo10.com . Online reviews are mixed.
- BH Cosmetics: http://www.bhcosmetics.com Largest palettes are 120 colours for about USD$19. BH Cosmetics ships internationally.
- Sedona Lace: http://www.sedonalace.com/Cosmetics/49/168-Pro-Full-Color-Eyeshadow-Palette.aspx sells 168 colour eyeshadow palette for USD$29.95. Ships to Singapore.
- Coastal Scents: http://www.coastalscents.com/makeup/palettes/face-palettes.html Ships to Singapore. They have different combo sets combining eyeshadow and blushes and lip colours.
- Various online sites selling very similar looking no brand large palettes. There’s been talk online from some users that the large palettes from BH cosmetics, Coastal Scents, Sedona Lace and all these sites are really from the same source in China because the quality of all of the palettes are about the same. I don’t know whether this is true. You can try them all out and decide for yourself:
- Sinomart: http://www.sinomart.com/wholesale-searches/Eye-Makeup-Palette-Sale-In-Singapore.html
- Soap: http://www.soap.com/html/sg/large-makeup-palettes.html
- Amazon, Qoo10, Ebay have more or less similar sets from Shany, Dannii, etc: http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/88-NATURAL-COLOURS-EYESHADOW-PALETTE-MAKEUP-KIT-SET-/390320641771?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_up_Cosmetics_Eye_Shadow_PP&hash=item5ae0ec56eb
- Singapore online shopping Blogshopr: http://blogshopr.com/20101108/makeup-palettes-and-brush-sets-stock-up-for-the-festive-seasons-with-great-discounts/
- Ben Nye/Graftobian/La Femme/Kryolan professional high quality mid-sized palettes containing about 8 to 10 colours: You can get them at www.makeupmania.com or www.camerareadycosmetics.com or http://www.danceshopper.com/ . These all have very good reviews online.
- theBalm: theBalm has enjoyed stunning reviews for some of their quirky palettes, even being voted as a favourite over Urban Decay on Temptalia by some users. TheBalm can be bought at Sasa stores (never tried to look for them there though), Sephora (some palettes) or you can buy them direct at their own website which does international shipping: https://www.thebalm.com/secure.htm
- Uban Decay: much loved by many and needs no introduction. They released the Vice Palette this year and recently released the Naked 3 palette. You can get Urban Decay at Sephora stores. Or you can try this site:http://www.beautybay.com. Urban Decay website does not ship to Singapore. You can try using Vpost. You can browse their website here: http://www.urbandecay.com/
- Smashbox: Also very popular. You can get their sets at Sephora. Or you can try here: http://sg.ozcosmetics.com/smashbox.aspx
Only matte pigments were considered in this list. The whole list of mineral makeup powders have been left out cos I was only looking for matte colours.
- Concrete Minerals: This is a good brand that carries matte pigments which is not very well known locally. I did not manage to come across this brand until I read a review about them on Temptalia. I googled and found their site. I have a separate review on their product here. They offer free shipping internationally if you buy over USD$50. http://www.concreteminerals.com/
- Sugarpill: http://www.sugarpillshop.com/collections/shop This brand is much raved about, especially their matte palettes. They have vegan colours too. If you buy over USD $75 they also offer free international shipping.
- M.A.C.: Sells a whole range of pigments instore. You can explore this for yourself.
- Ben Nye: Also sells pigments at http://www.camerareadycosmetics.com.
- Renaissance of Switzerland (Far East Plaza #04-91/92): They were closed when I went to visit but they look like they sell supplies including loose pigments for makeup artists. They are directly opposite Top to Toe Academy. [After note: I visited them when they were open recently and they told me they no longer carry much artist supplies any longer… they still had some stock from Plato and cake liners from Kryolan but that’s really more or less about it.)
I am still compiling as I go. So if you know of any other site that sells good palettes, do share! 🙂